2020 Draft Budget
11/4/2019 12:24:32 PM
The Council of the Township of South-West Oxford will hold a special Council meeting on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. to begin deliberations of the 2020 budget. The 2020 draft budget as presented to Council proposes an increase in the levy of $221,731.00 which represents a 3.8% increase.
In 2019, the Township received funding from the Provincial Government for the purpose of implementing efficiencies within the municipality. Projects being considered with the use of these funds include:
- Continued development of the Township's Asset Management Plan. $20,000 is being proposed for software to assist the Township to record and measure service levels directly from work order processes; the software will further assist in the evaluation of the useful life of Township assets.
- $20,000 for a consultant hired jointly among Oxford County municipalities to conduct a service review within the County.
- $10,000 for the preparation of a Joint Community Safety and Well-being Plan in partnership with Oxford County Municipalities. The plan is required to be in place by January 1st, 2021 in accordance with the Police Services Act.
- $60,000 towards capital equipment for development and enhancement of park's operations and maintenance. The equipment will specifically facilitate grass cutting and snow removal services at all Township facilities. These services will be provided by the Township directly, rather than through a contract.
Other highlights of the draft 2020 budget include:
- Staff is recommending the use of Gas Tax Funding towards the maintenance of the Domtar Bridge;
- The Township will continue to provide grants to cemeteries and Township hall and park committees;
- Installation of solar panels at the Beachville Fire Hall ($39,000);
- Beachville Fire Hall Tanker replacement ($400,000);
- Policing for the Township will increase in 2020 to $1,084,327 with an adjustment from 2018 of $18,393 added, for a total of $1,102,720 from $1,078,325 (2019);
- Engineering costs for Dodge Line (Sweaburg Road S);
- Paving - Clark Road (Dodge Line to City Limits), Peggy Ave (asphalt top coat), Salford Road (Culloden Line West 1.5 km).
View the complete Budget Agenda Package.
Council meetings are open to the public and you are welcome to attend. If you wish to make a presentation, or to address Council during the meeting, please contact the Clerk at 519-485-0477 ext. 7023 in advance of the meeting.