Employment Opportunity - Public Works Superintendent
9/6/2019 8:35:31 AM
The Township of South-West Oxford with a population of 7,664, is one of five rural Townships within the County of Oxford. The Township is currently seeking a self-motivated, personable, highly organized individual for the full-time position of Public Works Superintendent due to retirement. This position forms part of the senior management team and reports directly to the CAO.
Qualifications and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 4 plus years municipal road management.
- Certified Roads Supervisor Certification (CRS).
- Civil Engineering Technology (C.E.T.) degree or diploma or equivalent, is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of the general management principles and theories that relate to the programs and services provided by a municipal Public Works Department.
- Extensive experience in road maintenance and construction methods.
- Working knowledge of gravel pits and surface mining is preferred.
- Fleet management experience as it relates to maintenance and replacement of departmental vehicles and equipment (Building, Drainage, Public Works & Emergency-Fire).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook) is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory and time management skills.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical procedures maintenance and repair procedures to ensure operator safety while working.
- Exemplary communication (both verbal and written), public relations and conflict resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of various provincial legislation, i.e. WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Minimum Maintenance Standards, Environmental Protection Act, etc.
- Managing staff and resources to achieve the priorities of the municipality.
- Thorough knowledge of the budgeting practices and processes.
- Valid DZ license is preferred, or ability to obtain DZ license within 1 year of the date of hire.
View the complete job description which outlines the full duties of the position.
A comprehensive benefits package and salary range will commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
Applicants are to submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications and work experience in confidence by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 27, 2019 to:
Brooke Crane, Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Township of South-West Oxford
312915 Dereham Line, RR1
Mount Elgin, ON N0J 1N0
Phone: 1-519-485-7663 (direct line)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected will be used solely for applicant selection in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, The Township of South-West Oxford is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon advance notice of specific accommodation requirements.